on 22 February 2010
I don't know what went wrong, but I suspect the water was too hot and killed off the yeast, and my loaves didn't rise and the result was a heavy, doughy lump. Also, the mixture got black mould on the top in less than a week, though it is supposed to keep for 2 weeks. It's put me off but I intend to have another go as I really like the idea of being able to make my own bread quickly and easily.

I am not sure how authentic the recipes are - the ciabatta recipe is just the same basic dough with white flour to dust, rather than the cornmeal used for the basic recipe. I thought that genuine ciabatta has olive oil in it.
What's this?