on 30 July 2007
I am really sorry to say this, and I know I am a minority here, but number 7 just didn't do it for me.

Let me explain.
I loved the first 400 pages, couldn't stop reading, enjoyed the matureness of the characters and their behaviour.
Harry, Hermione and Ron were real people for me this time, with real fears and solutions and actions.
I also found the 'switch' in behaviour of some of the characters very good, as we all know (as adults) people aren't just good or bad.
So, yes, this was the most mature book of all seven.

But (and that was what you were expecting right, the 'but'), I just wish mrs Rowling had continued the mature line she set in the first 400 pages right until the end.
The very last pages were so childish again, the 'all good ends good', that it just made me whish I hadn't read it.
Really :-(

Also, so many loose ends and contradictions in the magical stuff (for instance, why was the potion used for so long to change a face when it was also possible to change a face by using a wand and some spells? I just don't get it?)

Seeing the matureness of the book, I would have expected to see that throughout every part of the story.
And that's why I don't think it is the most stable and good book she has written.
What's this?