on 23 October 2005
I have been on an incredible journey! It only took two days. I was on a bike to China. Sometimes I laughed out loud, at others I lapped up the history and atmosphere of unexplored lands. I then realised that actually I was still on my sofa reading an amazing book within the comfort of my own home. Or should I say comfort zone? The journey meant a lot to me, and even the opening quotation told me exactly where I am. In fact it told me that I have done precious little with my life thus far. I always meant to travel, but as pointed out in the book, a woman on her own is never a good idea.
The writing is excellent: emotive and spiritual and reminiscent of Paulo Coelho or Don Juan in its style. I was immediately drawn in and hooked and I found myself nodding profusely (to myself) at things like 'we are in control of our own destiny', our 'own puppet masters', and 'we need to take responsibility,' us and us alone. It's books like these that make me want to sell my car, flat and life, and motor round the world in a Winnebago. Sometimes it takes an inspirational book like this to realise what is sadly lacking in one's own life, and the parameters in which we live.
To exist or to live? The choice is ours.
0Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?