on 17 September 2012
I wanted a new radio that had WiFi and DAB as I wasn't sure of the DAB signal where I live (a previous Sony DAB radio was useless). So I got it going, typed in my WiFi key and it connected fine. Then to my pleasure I found it got a strong DAB signal and auto-tuned about 50 stations, including all the BBC ones.

Then to my surprise I found a menu option called 'Shared Music'. I went into this and it found my Logitech Media Server (Squeezebox Server as was) and I found I could play all the FLAC/MP3 music I had in my library.

I had thought of getting a Logitech Squeezebox Radio, but that's not really portable and I want to move it between rooms. It takes 6xD batteries, so I have got rechargeable ones (20 quid for them) and it's fine using them, or mains where possible.

The only flaw thus far is that it loses the date/time settings when switching from mains power to batteries. A bit of a pain, but not the end of the world exactly.

I've not touched the FM or internet radio possibilities as the DAB is working fine.

If you want a radio that is relatively future proof then this is a good option. It doesn't have DAB+, but then I think that's going to be overtaken by internet based radio anyway.
What's this?