22 of 24 people found the following review helpful
Bangkok humbles a hit man,
This review is from: Bangkok Dangerous [DVD] (DVD)
Short Attention Span Summary (SASS):
1. Nicolas Cage plays a hit man named Joe
2. Poor Joe - he has to go through the whole movie with Cage's bad hairstyle
3. Joe has rules that make him the best in the hit man business
4. People depend on Joe to do his job, get paid, and disappear.
5. We often wish that 4. above would apply to Cage also
6. Joe heads to Bangkok for a four-hitter for a man named Surat.
7. One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble as he decides to break his own rules
8. Some rules aren't meant to be broken
9. Best ending for Cage in recent times.
This movie is about a hit man with an extremely high achievement rating. He owes his success to his personal set of rules, which don't allow for friends, relationships, loose ends or sticking around in the business for too long.
For some inexplicable reason, Joe decides to deviate from the rules while on duty in Bangkok, and finds himself in all sorts of trouble.
Cage does a pretty good job as the heroin-using, dour hit man, once you can get past what appears to be a dead animal splayed out on his head and down his neck. The real star however is the scene stealing Shahkrit Yamnarm as his disposable sidekick Kong.
Action wise the movie is okay, except for the scenes shot in blue and red lighting where you can't really see what's going on. The romantic parts are sweet at first, but the sight of Cage doing goo-goo eyes may be upsetting to some viewers. The plot requires as little thought as possible, as it doesn't really make much sense.
Recommended for fans of action-crime movies, and people with a morbid fascination for Cage's hairstyles.
Rated: 3.5 stars
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Jun 2012 00:51:03 BDT
ha ha ha ha. murray strange head of hair
Posted on 12 Nov 2012 19:45:17 GMT
KilAkre DSM says:
Hahaha this review made me smile!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›