on September 5, 2006
I am very bigs Scrubs fan myself but I hope I can review the soundtrack without to major a bias.

Anyone who watches the program will know that alot of the emotional parts and the funny parts are backgrounded by a very apt and often lend a great intereral backbone to the story.

When reading the names of the songs on the back of the CD I have to admit I didnt recognise a single one (apart from the often remade classic "Halleluja") but when listening to the music, you find that most of the songs are recognisiable from the show and often you can pinpoint what episode a certain track was from.

The overall mentality of the soundtrack is one of music to suit many moods. The first track "Superman" is a very fitting into song to Scrubs and while it takes a short time when listening to it to ajust to the fact that the song itself is noticably slower than the edit played at the start of all the episodes.

Two fantastic track come from the brilliant 'Shins'. The tracks "Fresh Feeling" and "New Slang" are perfect music to unwind to. Francis Dunnery has a beautiful track "Good Life" which, coupled with Colin Haye's "Beautiful World" and "Overkill", give that perfect thoughtful mood.

There are one or two dodgy tracks, eg. "All In My Head" which isnt really to my taste but on the whole it is a fantasic compilation.

My personal favorite is the song "Have It All" by Jeremy Kay which is the quintessential 'wake-up' song I think I have ever heard in my life.

Buy this CD some of the songs will soon become favorites.
0Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?