on January 27, 2009
I always feel I'm taking a risk with a new author,but let me say that Michael Harvey'is a no risk kind of guy. By the time I was at page 8 I was hooked,and the hook was still in there when the book was finished. As the saying goes,! there no second chance to make a first impression!. Well impress he did. Character Ex cop Michael Kelly takes you on none stop ride through Chicago,and you just know he's going to get what he wants.
It's 6.30 AM now,and I'v just finished the book and looking for another to take its place..!not an easy task!..
As a regular visitor to Chicago - and love the place -. I feel like I'm there again with this book. To say I started reading it with doubts in my mind,Michael Harvey' soon swept them away. I hope that P.I Michael Kelly is here to stay. Well done Amazon.Thank you.. thank you.. thank you..
Has it got my five stars. You bet it has.

After reading this book again,a thing I never do. I have to add to my review. I finished the book the other day,and was out of things to read,so decided to read this one again. It's got to be the first time for me to do this so soon after having read it before. Michael Harvey had me hanging on to the plot so much,that it was worth a second hit.
The down side of this is that as far as I know there is only another one to go at this point, as he only did two. The second one The Fifth Floor,and that,s on its way to me now. !Come on postman get a move on..
For a first book its got me looking out for more of P.I Michael Kelly.

It's been a long time since I picked a book up,where the ending grabs you and throws you up against the wall. Just when you think you know who's done it,Michael Harvey shows you that it's not the time to be too smart too soon.

If you have a spare few pounds to spend. Spend it on this.- EXCELLENT -.
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?