VINE VOICEon 8 November 2012
Whilst I'm not up with a lot of the modern comics, one night when there was nothing much on the satalite channels I ended up on Comedy Central and discovered Rhod Gilbert (this was his "Cat that Looked Like Nicolas Lyndhurst" show) which I have to say made me laugh, so much so that I vowed to remember his name.

So when I heard about this DVD coming out I absolutely had to watch it so set it a particularly tough challenge, to make me laugh after a pretty crappy day. So sitting down, I started the DVD off, cold, miserable and quite annoyed. (So much so that I wanted one of Rhod's diary pages.) What I got for my time was 122 minutes of laughter, about this years ups and down's, his relationships, what used to annoy him and of course discovered that a lot of things that got to him, were also the sort of things that get to all of us. Add to the laughter, some wonderful asides, some cracking observations and back it all up around one particular event that is key to the whole tour, his Flaming Battenburg Tattoo (the obtaining of which is presented as a Special Feature for viewers to watch, alongside him dealing with Hecklers.)

All in I had a lot of fun and this really did pick me up after a day when I thought that nothing would. Its funny, its witty and whilst there is bad language, it was something that I'm definitely going to share with other family members who will appreciate it just as much as I did. I suspect that at some point I'll have to go and see him live, so if you're reading this Rhod, thank you for the gift of laughter.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?