on 11 June 2013
I got my first bobble in 2011. I'm only writing this review now as reading some of the other reviews on here (particularly the 1 star reviews) make me jump to the Bobbles defence.

To address some of the common 'problems' people are having...

"The spout is too difficult to pull up"...
All bobble filters are different. Some are easy and some are difficult. It's not a fault. You can actually try pulling them up in the shop before you buy.

Yes, there can be a certain amount of leakage, but as long as you keep the filter closed and the bottle upright whilst transporting you'll be fine. It's not rocket science.

"It covers me in water when I drink"
This is an interesting one. This only started happening to me recently. When you tip the bottle up and 'guzzle' water, the air flow won't work quick enough and the water just leaks from under the nozzle. The only way to solve this is to not guzzle. It's not that kind of bottle.

"It leaves black bits floating in the water"
It does explain in the instructions that you need to empty out - through the nozzle - a whole bottle full of water before first use. This clears any carbon residue and you won't get black bits floating in the bottle. Simple

"It only dispenses a small amount of water"
Again, if you want to guzzle loads of water at once, don't buy a bobble. Buy a more open mouthed bottle.

My bobble comes everywhere with me everyday. It's a lightweight, reasonably priced water bottle. Easy to fill, easy to use and easy on the eye. The bobble gets a lot of attention and I've encouraged at least ten people to buy one. Personally I have found that the filters last longer than three months (and I fill it 4x per day) and the bottle should be replaced at least once a year (that's just personal preference though). You will also need to soak the filter once every few weeks to stop it smelling stale. But anything that involves water will have this problem.

The only downside I can think of...
You can't put the bottle part in the dishwasher as the plastic melts (yes, I tried it once).

Get one. They're good :)
22 Comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?