on 25 July 2010
I love crime and spend a long time looking for new authors and yet managed to overlook Karin, now fondly referred to as Slasher in our home. Reading the blurb always left me feeling that there was something about her characters, even the 'good guys' that seemed a bit seedy, very American and even mean. Then I came accross a copy of one of the Grant County series on a charity stall. I was going through a dry spell and so had little option but to read it... or God forbid read nothing. I was gripped before I even knew I was, reading at lenghty sittings and immediately I had finished I was torn then, should I go back to the beginning of the series to find out how things had started or get the next one to see how things were going to go?
Hence 'Don't start here', I eneded up redaing ahead and then back. Karin has a way of making me anguishingly annoyed at her 'heroes' whilst at the same time loving them and wanting the best for them, often in vain.

There is an honesty in her characters, who feel like real people and who drive the narrative rollercoaster on a background, albeit a prominent one, of some horrific and chilling crimes. This book is no exception but I can't give any details because I am afraid to give anything away.
60 people found this helpful