on 25 September 2007
I have to agree with Diddly Dai. I rushed out to buy this game after playing the demo and although I spent a thoroughly enjoyable weekend playing the game, that's all it took to complete it. That includes replaying certain missions to upgrade every weapon in the game and finding the Mauser, which incidentally is in a safe in the control room near the rail gun on mission 5. (Find the flashing red box on the safe and press A to plany a charge).

I expected this game to have infinite replay value and although I am still playing it on and off after a couple of weeks I think I've about had enough now! The online multiplayer is pretty poor really. Small maps, no co-op mission mode. Not a patch on Rainbow Six.

One other thing that's been annoying me. I have been trying to achieve the medals for completing all 6 missions with 5* on casual and there does not seem to be any criteria for acieving 5*. First run through of the whole game, I got 5* on every level, no matter how many times I died or did something stupid while I was familiarising myself with the controls. Except on Operation Market Garden where I got 4* but was the only mission I completed without dying. I have now played this mission about 20 times until I can sail through it really quickly, never die, get nothing but headshots and I can take the tanks out with only 1 or 2 Gammon Grenades but I now keep getting 3*. I just don't get it. The last mission, which is ridiculously hard and confusing as to where your objectives are, I died a dozen times and took well over an hour to complete on first run through but it gave me 5*!!! Makes no sense.

So if you want a game that's going to last and give you forty quid's worth, buy something else and wait until this drops in price (probably after Call of Duty 4 is released). Personally, I'm trading my copy in tomorrow for Halo 3 and I've never been a big Halo fan but I reckon it's got to have more longevity of play than this.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game but very short-lived and feels more like an extension pack to previous MOH games.

By the way, Diddly Dai, you can remove any upgrades, such as rifle scope or grenade launcher by pressing the Left Bumper button.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?