on 1 May 2011
At the end of the day, a book review is about somebody's personal opinion and everyone is different. I was surprised at the selection of bad reviews for this book because personally, I absolutely LOVED it. It's a long book and I read it in three days, despite many other commitments to deal with in between!

Whilst it was fairly obvious who the 'baddie' was quite early on, there were many other questions that needed answers and the loose ends were all tied up in the end; something that I insist upon when reading a book! There was also a twist at the end that I didn't see coming, which is always a delight as a reader.

I thought the characters were very believable, and I even felt a small amount of sympathy towards somebody I wasn't expecting to. I didn't see the point of Brenna and Gradin though; the story would have been no better or worse without them. They were a bit pointless really.

I also liked the fact that the chapters were from the different points of view of the main characters; very clever writing.

If you want to read a good thriller from the perspective of the people involved (rather than the Police), get this book. I'd be very surprised if you regretted it.
What's this?