Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 20 November 2012
If you are interested in literature about India, or Indian culture in its many forms, then this is a book to put on your reading list. I don't read a lot of short stories, because I usually like to really get into a good longer story; however in this collection, I felt like each story built upon the last. The reader is presented with a different facet of life relating to Indian culture. I definitely did not find the stories "samey", as I have read in other reviews. Yes, they are all connected by common threads, but there is a world of subtle differences between each tale.

In my opinion, the first story, A Temporary Matter really shone out amongst the collection, and although I couldn't book the book down, none of the other stories had me quite as enchanted as the first.
2 people found this helpful