on 13 November 2007
Every now and then, I fancy reading something light and entertaining, a bit of chick-lit to counteract a painful commute, sadly this book just made it worse. The premise was interesting - scorned boy sells girls prized shoe collection on ebay, I was intrigued - what would I do if my boyfriend sold my shoes on ebay? But its all downhill, rapidly, from there. Characters are invented just to support the failing plot (Natasha, the ex girlfriend, who cheated on the boyfriend, which obviously explains why he sells said shoes without even the slimmest of evidence). Other characters are such ridiculous caricatures, it's painful to read the dialogue, I had to skip through it - note the bitchy transvestite we meet in the Ladies of a downtown NY bar. I would have put some quotes in here, to support my review, but it was so bad, I recycled it rather than putting it on the library shelf at work for someone else to read. If you want a decent, enjoyable chick-lit romp, try Louise Bagshaw's Glamour. It's not art, but its a cracking read.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.