on 12 September 2011
Shadowfever

Well, as expected, the final book in the fever series certainly does NOT disappoint.

I was just as gripped as I was at the beginning of the series and I think that really is something to be excited about. After 4 books in this world with these characters the author still has the ability to capture my attention so fully.

The ending of Dreamfever was a massive shocker and so I started Shadowfever straight away. I HAD to know what happened to Barrons. I couldn't believe that he was actually dead. I just coulnd't and so I ploughed on for hours until I got answers. This book is full of answers really. As it should be. Its the last in the series and so there were a lot of answers to be explained fully and god it was done so well. I loved how Mac found stuff out and everything played out so neatly and joined all the dots together.

It felt good to finally find out what Barrons is. And to gradually work out what Mac's true story/background is and who really killed Alina. And of course for the inevitable to finally happen between Mac and Barrons. It all came together so well.

The story itself has got more twist and turns than the rest put togehter. So you do need to concentrate to keep up but as with the other books Mac tends to do recaps every so often of what she has found out so even if I didn't quite understand a particular sequence as it happened, when Mac went back over it afterward and recapped I found myself keeping up with the plots and twists easily through her. I must say as well that I could no way have predicted what happened. All of my theories as to who killed Alina, what Barrons and his men were, what Mac was etc were all well off. The twists and turns in this book are some of the most imaginative I've ever read and I loved every minute.

I must point out I was also thoroughly pleased with the ending. I could not have hoped for better. It was very well written and left me very satisfied with what had happend to all of the characters. It wasn't perfect but it went perfectly in keeping with the tone of these unbelievable books.

I would say that I can't believe that this is the final book in the series but I've heard that the author is writing another series set in this imaginative setting and so although I've read this series a bit late, I'm glad because now I wont have to wait as long as everyone who read it years ago for the next books to come out.

Overall I'm soooooo glad I read this series. It's quite possibly my new favourite series of all time and I cant praise it enough and really can't stress enough how much you need to pick these up if you havent done so already.
What's this?