2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
Strong on the marketing, lead generation and sales.,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Dominate Your Ground (Paperback)
Dominate your ground is written in a very down to earth friendly manner. You can tell that Mark knows his stuff and his approach is very good. If you have a sales background, or a keen interest in sales - this book will resonate.
I won't write a long, laborious review - but more a succinct overview of my thoughts.
- Marketing, sales & lead generation info is great
- Common sense approach to selecting your target area
- Helpful appendix w/ vendor questions and agreements
- Helpful task section at end of each chapter
- Helpful scripts
- A strong focus on taking action
- Quite a short book
- Up-selling to courses & deal provision
- Typos and more typos!!
- Negotiation section falls down at the last hurdle (i.e. how to actually deliver figures to the vendor).
- Book was pricey @ £17.80 inc delivery
Having read an excellent property book on trading before this one (by another well know name on the speaking circuit - Paul Ribbons) maybe it is a little unfair to compare, but i was expecting a lot more with regards to the actual trading side of things along with the marketing. In essence the trading aspect in this book is actually how to become a deal provider/sourcer. This does not take away from the core of this book - and the on-the-ground marketing information is second to none.
For a first book, it's a good start and I hope to read more of Mark's work in the future should he choose to write more.
Mark, please please do invest in a proof-reader for the next book though. The typos take away from an otherwise professional book.
I give this 3.5 stars - but as there is not halves i'll round up to 4