on 15 September 2010
Before buying this, consider the habits of your cat. Do they like to scratch Vertically (garden tree/wall paper) or Horizontally (carpets/stairs)?

I have two cats, one which loves to scratch the tree in our garden and another who loves to lie down on the stairs and rip the step next to him to shreds...

This product has proved a huge hit with the tree hugger and fingers crossed the stair destroyer will take a shining to it eventually...

It's much larger than any Scratching post I've seen available in the shops (it towers over the usual Argos effort) without taking up much floor space and seems to be a quality build.

I had hoped that this would prevent the stair shredding from continuing, but so far the culprit hasn't paid it much attention.

I know that horizontal step shaped scratching posts are available, however I'm not keen on attaching one of these to the stairs due to the tripping hazard and we don't really have anywhere else suitable to place it.

I think I may have to invest in a scratcher mat before the Winter months kick in...

To sum up, if you're going to buy a vertical scratching post, and have particularly large/tall cats like I do, then this is the post for you!
22 Comments| 187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?