on 8 January 2011
I am so absorbed in this masterpiece I already fear for it to end. Halfway through in one day's worth of reading I have never witnessed a book so full of emotion with such a fast and natural pace. I was warned that this book was "excruciatingly slow", however I couldn't disagree less. The lives of the two characters and their surroundings are so enchanting, though in a very dark way - I would disagree with the people who says it's "unbearably depressing", because it is very bearable and VERY much worth it.

The characters are amongst the best I have ever read about, and I feel a very strong relation to both of them. I keep going on and on and on about this book to my poor partner, because this is DEFINITELY a read.

I recently started reading again after I got my kindle for christmas, having not done so in over 5 years, and this has been such a good start for me that the little reading device seems to have been glued into my hands. I absolutely love this book.
What's this?