on 12 October 2011
I have been a big fan of Shania since I heard the song 'that don't impress me much' back in 1999 and I started following her music from then, so it was only natural I was very curious about this book. I have to say I'm not disappointed because it has exceeded my expectations. I would like to stress though, that you don't need to be a fan of hers to read it, because it will equally make a very interesting read for any human being with a little bit of compassion and understanding.
This book is shocking sometimes, certainly some passages especially from her childhood and teenage years will leave you speechless, and will chill your blood often. But I bet many people can relate to some of her experiences. It's not all doom and gloom of course, and there's plenty of interesting facts about the nitty-gritty of the music industry. I have enjoyed it very much, it's written in a very open and almost friendly way and I would definitely recommend it. I agree with those who say her success is well deserved, this is a woman who's been through a lot but never gave up hope. I admire her now even more, she's been very brave to write about painful experiences and share it with the whole world. I'm also quite impressed at the way she has handled the ex husband issue, she could have been far more bitchy but she is an absolute lady on this topic.
On the whole an excellent book, I hope many people enjoy it as much as I have, it's worth giving it a go.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.