on 11 October 2010
I watched this film with my two young sons and I purchased it with my older son in mind. He currently plays football and I thought this would be a good film that would send a good message to him about not giving up and fighting on when things get tough for him to watch as he sometimes gives in too easily. As the film unfolded, I soon found that it was me that seemed to get the most out of the film!

I could relate to the American football coach as he struggled to transform the fortunes of his team on the pitch. It didn't help that the parents had completely lost faith in his abilities as a coach, they were now trying to get his assistant coaches to turn their backs on him too! At home things weren't much better with a house and a car desperately in needs of repairs and a wife who longed fot kids but couldn't conceive. Fortunately for him, she never lost faith in her husband. Against this backdrop it's no surprise, he was soon on his needs in desperation and found salvation when he reordered his priorities and asked God for help. All of a sudden it wasn't about winning games, it was more about the conduct and character of the players. As he remained steadfast in prayer, an amazing transformation occurs in his own life and the lives of the players.

This is a truly inspirational movie that the whole family can enjoy. We did and I ended up on my knees to in prayer too asking God to help me become everything I can be and for him to receive all the glory!
11 Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?