on 3 February 2010
I was really impressed with this book. Sometimes I feel that there are many good patterns out there, but less thought goes into the design and layout of the book which can ruin everything.

I felt that there were many patterns for good basic pieces, and was surprised that my husband actually pick some things out of it that he would like - he never likes mens patterns. The chunky cable cardigan is by far the best garment in it, and happy that we can stop scouring vintage stores and just make it ourselves!

I felt the directions were easy to follow and generally what you would expect if you've done other patterns by the author. Like another reviewer, I was surprised that hats are done flat and stitched, but have since used it as a first project for a male colleague learning to knit!

As for presentation - I love it! I appreciate that the models are a range of ages, 'looks' and ethnicities. Also, I think most importantly, each garment is worn styled in a different way on different models. So you can see how the cardigan can work for either a smart or casual look.

Granted I am not a man, but I think this is the best mens knitting book on the market!
What's this?