on 15 May 2005
A great start to running and losing weight. This book is a fresh start to a new you. I had been lazy for years occasionally visiting the gym and gradually gaining weight because I didn't exercise enough. I bought this book and was motivated to start running. I haven't stopped since.
I bought the book in November '04 and felt so great I entered the marathon in January '05 running for the charity Sense in a fairly respectable time of 4hrs 32mis ([...] This book is a great start to running, it contains lots of motivational ingrdients; charts to track your weight loss, walking and running programmes to gradually build up your fitness, and 100 reasons to run. You can read it from start to finish very quickly and then start the programme best suited to you.
I still have my well read copy and have bought 5 more for friends and family, including my sister who suffers from ashtma we are going to run the great north run together this year. This really is a great book and a good start to running. I love running now and have had so much fun training, it is much more socialble than I imagined.
Running really lifts your mood and sorts out stress, it has been proven to help depression too. I sleep so much better, approach work with renewed enthusiasm and think life is like summer all year round. I now run happily each weekend from one side of London to the other, through 4 parks, and I don't dread Mondays anymore. If you can't jog at all the book has a programme to build up your ability from one minute to 20 in no time. Running is one of the quickest ways to lose weight fast, you will notice a difference in 2 weeks or less. Buy the book.
49 people found this helpful