VINE VOICEon June 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We have a 6 year old boy in our house, and a fairly light coloured carpet which has taken a battering over the years, as you can imagine. We are always trying different products to try and help keep the carpet clean and in good condition, and haven't found one we are 100% happy with yet. Hence, when I saw this product I was keen to try it out.

This product isn't massively different to the usual can of Vanish that you quirt, run into the carpet, leave and vacuum off. I always found that product problematic though, as I suffer from arthritis so having to get down on my knees and scrub is painful for me. I tried this as it comes with a device which allows you to attach a can of foam to a handle, enabling you to use the foam and scrub it into the carpet without getting down on your knees. The foam is then meant to bring the dirt to the surface so that it can be easily vacuumed away.

As with the usual Vanish foam the product did work, but not as well as I hoped. The carpet looked a bit cleaner but you could definitely till see the marks on it, even with multiple uses (though perhaps this wouldn't be as noticeable on a darker carpet). I also found it quite hard work using this contraption on a larger area of floor, which is what I was given the impression I could do by the marketing of this product. My living room is not massive but I still struggled to cover a large area with this. Overall, this is still a spot cleaner and nothing more, which is not what I expected from the product, and indeed could prove expensive if you were trying to use the foam over a large area. The product is ok in the absence of anything better on the market, but if I find something similar I would definitely switch.
11 comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?