on 25 February 2011
I enjoyed this book overall, but I thought it went on a bit long. Wilson began to annoy me more and more, through her complete devotion to Elizabeth Barrett Browning, even in the face of knowing that Elizabeth was tiring of her.
I would like to have heard how Wilson fared following her return to England. How her first child came to Florence and what exactly happened with her boarding house in Scarborough. I have read so many of Margaret Forster and though I enjoyed so many aspects of this book, I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would. It was just too long and repetitive towards the end and began to bore me.
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?