Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 5 September 2013
I really fear for this series as I can it slowly degenerate from a kick-ass urban fantasy to a romantic fantasy, of which there is enough out there already. I loved books 1-3 for their lack of relationship drama with a great storyline that was believable and a good, strong cast of characters. There is a lot of emotional drama in this book, mostly involving Kate & Curran. Curran comes across as a self-serving, arrogant and domineering alpha in this book and I find it hard to believe that a highly-trained, ruthless and independent merc like Kate would actually want to continue being with him! Please bring back the Kate we know and loved in books 1-3. The ending also feels a bit contrived, with a feel-good twist thrown in to make everyone happy.

I still love the overall plot and premise of the book and once I start reading I can't usually put a book down. I'd just be prepared for the emotional toil that this book takes.
2 people found this helpful