58 of 62 people found the following review helpful
Caught by the Crimson King,
This review is from: In the Court of the Crimson King, 40th Anniversary Series (Audio CD)
What have we got?
CD with the original album with a new stereo mix plus bonus tracks.
DVD with a multitude of extras:
1) 5.1 remix in MLP (DVDA) and DTS (for all DVD players including Blu Ray)
2) New Stereo version in MLP (DVDA) and PCM (for all DVD players)
3) Hi Rez. Stereo original mix of the album MLP (DVDA) and PCM (for all DVD players)
4) A Video Live King Crimson from Hyde Park with the proper live soundtrack
5) Bonus tracks in 5.1 and stereo.
6) A booklet with sleeve notes from the enigma that is Robert Fripp
The sound quality is excellent not suffering from the curse of modern production this is pretty dynamic. The music is both well played and is heavy-progressive-jazz (That is really not a bad thing), 20th century Schizoid man outstanding and benefit very much from the sourcing of the original premix tapes and a presentation with all instruments isolated in a way that was not available until the recent recovery of these tapes. Moonchild has been tightened up a little all with the approval of Robert Fripp. The surround mix discrete dynamic and opens up the sound field using the rears in a sympathetic way, this really is demonstration stuff.
Genesis fans maybe jealous that this has both the new and old stereo mixes for the fans to choose,
If only all reissues were competed with this much care and attention to detail. Music fans buy and you won't be disappointed, this really is good.