on 13 July 2014
...the reason being, I haven't read it. It was bought for my 9 year old daughter - who will gladly read anything that contains a sniff of something horsey.

Now, she says it was "a good book and she enjoyed it". When I tried to draw her on the characters, the plot and description...she said it was "a good book and she enjoyed it - and what did I mean by those other things".

So...i'm going to give this an I-like-it four stars on the basis that a) she read it from cover to cover and b) it kept her quiet for approximately 4 hours. I'm of the opinion that any reading at her age is good and she's going through all of these with gusto.

On the face of it - me telling you it's a good book based on her feedback is just as subjective as me telling you it's a good book based on my feedback....so you're always going to be taking a bit of a risk!
What's this?