on 30 April 2009
This was fairly watchable but I can't see why other reviewers rate it so highly.

It didn't really work for me as either a comedy, thriller or social commentary.

Maybe watching it sandwiched between Election and Edward Scissorhands has coloured my judgment too much (I thought both films far superior to this one)

The story of how a series of murders performed by a teenage psychopath and sidekick (Slater & Ryder) are made to look and accepted by everyone as tragic (but absurd) suicides had very little ring of truth for me. Not all that funny either. But maybe it was geared to a teenage audience (which I'm not)

I do like watching Ryder but, for me, her best film that I've seen was Beetlejuice

I did enjoy the OTT outfits (enormous power shoulders) worn by the lead girls but the joke was limited to them, everyone else looked pretty ordinary.
What's this?