on 28 June 2010
As an unashamed member of The Cult of Buffy (1996 - present), I have of course tracked down a copy of "Radio Sunnydale" (finally).

I am ecstatic to report that this album is a glittering treasure trove of obscure US indie artists. The only band I have ever heard of is The Dandy Warhols (not that they're obscure, but they're the only ones on the album who aren't, in the UK at least). This is an album to give your full undivided attention to - stick it on your ipod and listen to a few songs at a time, would be my recommendation. I have no idea who Devics are or were, or indeed Dashboard Prophets, Lunatic Calm, or Nikka Costa, but I would certainly like to find out more about all of them.

In terms of musical genres the album varies, but it's fair to say that it all pretty much has that bittersweet "life would be so beautiful if we weren't all completely doomed" kind of vibe that runs through the tv show from start to finish. Which is wonderful, in my book. I love this album. When eventually I have sucked out every drop of goodness from it, I'll move on to buying up albums by the individual artists. Mwahahaha!

p.s Incidentally, the only song I actually remembered hearing from an episode was "Sugar Water" by Cibo Matto, which is the background music to Buffy giving Xander a bit of a sexy dance in Season 2 (I think).
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.