on 20 November 2012
I'm not looking for a fast gaming machine. I just want something for browsing the internet, microsoft office (yet to purchase and install) and storing my music/itunes and photos.
The first few occassions I've used this it was a touch slow. That's because it was installing so many updates. Once it had stopped doing this it became much quicker. In addition changing the power options from 'balanced' to 'high performance' has made life much smoother.
The computer looks very slick. I have the white 500GB version. The keyboard is no issue. Having gone from my work 14" lenovo to this the difference takes a bit of getting used to, but not much. No issues from keyboard flex (how hard do people type?). It's light and ultra portable. I have bought a zip up neoprene case from Amazon for storage.
I've bought to complement this an external DVD writer. NB, because the USB ports are on either side of the machine, and the writer requires two USB points, this will require a USB extension cable or splitter. For reading DVD only one USB is required. For writing, 2 are required.
Despite being less than £300 this laptop feels like a quality product and really pleased with it so far.
If Microsoft Office goes well on this machine and in the next few months I find no teething issues I will definitely upgrade my review to 5 stars.
Until then, this is a bargain 4 star machine.
11 Comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?