4.0 out of 5 stars Full Moon Rising, 21 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian Series) (Paperback)
Full Moon Rising is the first book in the Riley Jenson Guardian series by Keri Arthur. This book is exploding with action and sexual encounters. It will certainly have you sitting on the edge of your seat with anticipation.

Our half vampire, half werewolf, Riley Jenson is just another Directorate liaison officer until her brother goes missing. She then has to delve deeper into the Guardian world than she has ever wanted to and along the way she meets an extremely, unavailable naked vampire.

This book covers a lot of action for the adrenaline junkies out there and a lot of descriptive sex scenes for the nymphomaniacs. We see Riley getting down and dirty with a couple of different wolves who she has selected carefully to satisfy her needs. Both can give her what she wants in different ways, which pleases Riley as this is how she likes it.

Riley is a very confident woman, both in her human and wolf form. She is sure of who and what she is. She knows she doesn't want to become a Guardian no matter what even though her boss would like that to change and she knows she doesn't want to die. Pushing Riley into situations she doesn't agree with will set off the wolf in her, so watch out. I wouldn't want to be close by.

Riley and Rhoan have kept what they are secret from their co-workers, lovers and friends. They have even kept the fact that they are twins hidden. Their secret is soon uncovered but what does this lead them into?

My favourite part of the book was all the flirting between Riley and Quinn. Got me hot and bothered just thinking about it. Also, there was a sibling protectiveness in a certain scene that had me thinking I am thankful that I am not that crazy wolf trying to kill anyone, especially not these creatures as they will rip your throat out.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book once I got into it. I did think it was lacking in some description regarding the shifting back and forth from human to wolf forms. I also got lost quite a bit with the timing in this book. I was never sure if it was night or day but that's probably me just picking things up wrong. The plot was substantial and I was forever wondering where the author was going to take me next. I felt like I had seen all there was in this world and all the horrible things that could happen if I was a werewolf by halfway through the book, but I was wrong. There was more. This book kept me on my toes and I like that.

Disclaimer: I do not own this book, I borrowed it from my local library. I have not been paid to review this book and everything I have said is of my own honest opinion.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]