Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now shop by look Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 22 August 2013
I was really excited to read this and after debating on whether to buy it or not I eventually did and I regret it.

The writing itself wasn't bad, the storyline was somewhat thought-provoking and it was a nice idea that does relate sort of to how people are now with physical appearance but this story overall is not good.

I kept feeling like there was a big mystery to it all, I kept feeling that there were going to be cliffhangers and something happening at the end to give you and enormous shock. Was there? No, nothing happened and it felt like the author was trying to write cliffhangers but they were so weak and brittle they disappointed me every time.

There was only one exciting piece that lasted all of two pages in the story and that was when the runaway doctors talked to Tally. The rest was padding and mostly about them travelling such as what bend they took on the hoverboard, how much food they had brought/ were taking, how much they didn't like the 'Pretties' it was all the same thing repeated over and over again and it left nothing to the imagination at all.

Pros:
It would be a good reading book for a girl aged between about 10-12 for school or when she's out and about.
It does provoke some thoughts about how our world is entirely central on appearance and being told what to like from a young age and how to look.
The concept is fairly interesting.
The price on Amazon is cheap.

Cons:
No cliffhangers.
No exciting ending.
Read the back cover and you've practically read the whole story anyway.
Nothing shocking happens, no drama it's all VERY PREDICTABLE and stereotypical.
It bored me so I read it as quickly as possible not wanting to leave it unfinished.
It isn't worth the money.

Is this a good read? No.
Should you be excited and rush to buy it? NO.
Will I be reading the sequel? NO.

I just wanted to point out I read this at 20 and I read A LOT of 'teen' fiction books and I have to say this one was right at the lowest end of the scale, whether I am too old for it or it just is that bad are up to you to decide. I do not recommend this book to anyone though.
7 people found this helpful