on 30 June 2004
One of the most helpful books I have read for a long time on personal holiness, and particularly on indwelling sin and how to fight it. Lundgaard claims to have dragged John Owen kicking and screaming into the twentieth century, which will be a great relief to anyone who has ever tried to read the almost impenetrably deep prose of the great English theologian.
Not only is this book very readable, it is also very challenging. As I read about the ongoing fight with sin and the tactics it uses I felt as if I myself were the case study under the microscope. I was ashamed at how easily I had given in to the continuing assaults of sin in my life up to now, and galvanised to take the fight to my sin in the future.
I suspect that far too many Christians know far too little about the powerful hold sin continues to have on their life - and failing to know their enemy they spectacularly fail to fight it. It is time we educated ourselves about our own deceitful hearts, and got busy fighting them. I wholeheartedly recommend this book as a thoughtful, thoroughly biblical, and highly perceptive call to arms in the fight against the enemy within.
0Comment| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.