on 6 May 2012
I read all the on-line reviews and this one came out around 2nd place. I watched the Karcher video and having had a Karcher pressure washer I decided to go for their steam mop. I wanted it for general domestic floor and surface cleaning and to clean some newly laid sandstone floor tiles so the floor layer could seal them.

Alas when I eventually got it and tried it out on muddy footprints on the indoor swimming pool edging stones and the already sealed newly laid sandstone tiles (they needed a 2nd coat), it couldn't cope. The terries towel wouldn't stay in place because the head grips let it ruck up no matter how tightly I fitted and re-fitted it and the steamer seamed weak. I asked my wifes opinion and she came to the same conclusion so I've sent it back as unfit for intended purposes.

Delivery my main beef:- Using Amazon prime I should have been guaranteed delivery the following day (Friday) - no show and my floor layer is getting twitchy. I was in all day as was he so someone would have been around to take it. Having followed the tracking link on Amazon it said it was on the van and remained that way until about 6/7pm and then said it was back at the depot. So I phoned the carrier and was told he'd rescheduled it for delivery no later than Monday. Monday came and went and so having phoned several times that day I was eventually (about an hours wait after my calls to two service desk personnel) called back by a manager - Steven Daley who told me he was sorry but that it would be delivered between 7am and 7pm on Tuesday not 9-10am as I'd asked and despite my protests that I had a floor layer waiting for it. I got the impression he was punch drunk having had so many problem calls that day. This was the HDSL YODEL delivery Company delivering on Amazon's behalf. Using the word service in their name I think contravenes the trades description act.

The unit arrived eventually at about 2pm by which time the floor layer had, had to use sponges to clean the second lot of floor tiles to ready them for sealing. With the Karcher came two cases of wine we had been chasing for 3+ days from Tesco on-line. This was the second time wine had turned up 3-4 days late over a matter of a few weeks. To add insult to injury HDNL (Home delivery network) charges 10p per minute and on average it takes 10 minutes to get through. In my case this added up to £5.00+ in calls to them which is non-refundable.

I think Amazon and Tesco both need to change their carrier as this service is negating any benefits offered in Amazon's case for the PRIME service I pay annually and Tesco's well we can buy from Laithwaites, Waitrose, Sainsbury's, Majestic's, Virgin Wines and Nakedwines to name a few all offering super deals and delivery when they say they will.

I'm now trolling the internet for a meatier steam cleaner. We had a HomeTek light and easy steam mop Elite highly recommended that we purchased in Oct 2010 but the handle started to come apart and the handle base became very hot so we stopped using it. It was only used once a week if that by our house keeper, she sometimes preferred the mop and bucket. Having sent a request for advice and failed to get a response from Hometek I phoned Amazon who informed me that it was over 1-year old and thus out of warranty. He suggeted I could ring them but didn't hold out much hope in view of the warranty period so I decided to go for a more robust steam mop.
88 Comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details