on 22 April 2010
This book appealed to me because it contained a variety of squares, rectangles and triangles with clear instructions and supplies for each project. I love geometric shapes, squares in particular and I am quite new to the art of patchwork.
Quite some time ago I bought a copy of "Patchwork" by K F as I was fascinated by the front cover of that book, those beautiful squares in various tones of red with occasionally a touch of green, blue, orange, yellow... I made a sample but found difficult to execute it as I had to work out the sizes of each square, and I was not always pleased with my choice of colours! However at the V&A Quilt Exhibition I discovered "Simple Shapes, Spectacular Quilts" and now I am working on the "Earthy Mitered Boxes" project with the K F fabrics suggested. As the fabrics are all matching, it produces a fantastic result.
Every now and then, in the book, you find handsome photographs of basic shapes found in nature and thus echoed in K F's projects. It is a pure delight!
0Comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?