46 of 49 people found the following review helpful
Incredible piece of technology!,
This review is from: Canon LEGRIA HF G10 High Definition Camcorder Black (10x Optical Zoom, 3.5 inch Touchscreen LCD) (Camera)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unlike most modern camcorders that promise stunning HD quality videos and only produce dark, grainy pixelated scenes, the Canon LEGRIA HF G10 atually delivers exactly what it promises. Beautiful and eye-wateringly sharp images that look more real and high definition than reality itself.
After a few minutes of filming some of the plants and flowers in the garden, I transferred the videos over to examine and I was absolutely staggered by how sharp and clear the images were. The picture was cinematic razor sharp, vivid colour and thanks to the manual focus (on cinematic setting) I was able to play with the focus on various aspects of plants, able to blur out the elements I wasn't interested in seeing.
A few points worth mentioning:
* Comes with a remote control and a battery; video bloggers will rejoice at this (also handy if you need to use it on a tripod for scenes that can't allow for any movement of the camera, no matter how slight). Also has a stylus as it's a touch screen.
* The flip out touch screen is massive, and gives you an excellent picture of what you're filming without you needing to rely on your viewfinder.
* Does take stills but they're not excellent (not really what it's meant for though anyway).
* The software for transfer is fast and easy to install and you can view your videos in minutes.
* The camera is so easy to use right from the start, I didn't even feel the need to really look at the manual (provided on a disc in the box).
* Has functions that let you edit and add features to your videos without even needing to use editing software. You can add effects to your videos as you're filming (such as stars and sparkles for example).
* Has a mode that lets you start a story; everything you film in this mode will be related to the same event, making it much easier to categorize your films and cause less clutter in your camera's gallery.
* Has three filming modes: Automatic (for those of you who don't want to mess with focus), manual focus, and cinematic.
* Cinematic lets you film videos with built in filters, and there are several to choose from; they include filters that let you add misty looks, black and white, old film effect and my favourite a vivid filter which makes primary colours especially pop and brightens everything spectactularly.
* I've heard other people comment on these cameras that the sound it picks up isn't great but I found that not to be an issue, picked up sound fine with the two build in microphones on the top of the camera. There is a shoe you can attach an extra microphone with.
* If you're filming indoors, like all cameras, if you're filming straight on towards a window, the scene will darken. I haven't looked into whether an attachment for a light can be added but it would be an excellent feature if there was.
* The picture is so incredible it burgeons on the kind of picture you'd expect from a modern television program - absolutely professional looking. You could easily use this camera to film celebrations, weddings or independent documentaries.
* Took it out at night and it filmed lights and surrounding buildings without becoming grainy or dark; showed everything exactly as it looks. I was absolutely astounded.
* Battery life is about 2 hrs maximum, really. You can buy extra batteries and the camera actually has room to accomodate a bigger higher capacity battery.
* Has the hood (as pictured) to prevent lens flare. It can be removed. The lens cap fits regardless if this is on or off.
For the budding filmmaker who is serious, this would be a definite investment to your art. This is a camcorder of professional standard, you get what you pay for, and in my opinion, this is worth every penny.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Feb 2013, 17:11:33 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Feb 2013, 17:12:26 GMT
M. Hannon says:
very detailed report on the product. I will definitely consider purchasing this Legria.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›