on 24 April 2011
I have tried a few remotes in the past including the USB models Logitech Harmony & One for all Xtech line. I do really like the USB remotes since they are simple to program using a PC. But all the low end USB models have tiny button and are hard for me to read.

To the Sony, I have to say, this is a very well thought out remote. It's slightly larger than many. I live in the UK but decided to buy the North American version (the model number without the T) which saved me around £10 - it's identical apart from the lack of Freetext colour buttons and a few button labels which are in English rather than have just symbols.

What I would say is *read the manual* and have a think how it can best work for you, plus USE NEW (non-rechargable) BATTERIES - very important or the learning function will not work properly. Once set up the manual says it has non-volatile memory so should stay for ever.

Each of the mode buttons, (TV, Sat, DVD etc) will automatically turn on Sony devices when pressed, but you can also program it to either run a sequence or macro or just one command, example change TV to correct input. My Sony TV (KDL-40EX503) is extremely slow at changing auxiliary input's I'm talking 15 seconds here from pressing the button, so to be able to select the correct input automatically is great.

I'm in my fifties and find black on white print much easier to read than white on black - the buttons on this remote are very easy to read.

I think this unit has been discontinued already, which is a shame since it's an an excellent device, easy to set-up, has loads of buttons which you can easily change to what you want using the learning function, feels well made, everything you'd expect from Sony.

Highly recommended..