on 13 September 2012
I love the whole zombie thing - they are just about the only kind of horror stories that freak me out a little bit. I really enjoy the sudden switch from the normal hum-drum of life to the sudden social collapse and, of course, the protagonist(s) being attacked by ruined versions of friends, family and strangers!

Necrophobia is one of the better ones. I did like World War Z perhaps a little more, but that was really a different kind of story I think.

My biggest concern before buying this was the relatively unknown status of the author, Jack Hamlyn. Let me tell you though, do NOT let that put you off! Sure there are a few spelling mistakes that were missed during editing but nothing particularly off-putting, and I just saw something pretty much the same in the Stephen King book I am reading right now so it happes to the best of them!

Jack Hamlyn has done a fine job of making the story fast paced without seeming contrived or "convenient", something which can really spoil the flow of a story. You are dropped right into the heart of the action with the apocolypse beginning from pretty much the first page. Things escalate very quickly, as you would expect for the genre, and the carnage that follows is described in gruesome detail, though I never really felt it became gratuitious.

So far there are only two books in the series, though I understand there is another one coming perhaps around October (hopefully) and there are quite a few more books left in the story.

I would highly recommend this to any fans of the genre and with a current asking price of £1.53, what have you got to lose?
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.