on 15 June 2013
The message of this book is powerful, positive and easy to absorb. Braden offers information and understanding from several religious and spiritual traditions to reveal the process of effective prayer. He concludes that we have the ability to live in a state of prayer at all moments of our lives, and can learn this art for the benefit of our selves and our environment.

This book is a useful and relevant guide whatever your beliefs.

I would recommend this book to anyone hoping to deepen their understanding of what we do when we meditate or pray. To anyone wishing to expand what it's possible to achieve through prayer. To anyone who's become disillusioned with the act of prayer. And to anyone inspired by the idea of interacting lovingly with their reality, in order to raise the experience of life for humanity as a whole.

For the truth it offers, I recommend this book.

I left off 1 star because I felt some of the anecdotes don't support the message as well as they could. Braden's feelings about the events aren't really conveyed by his descriptions, and a lot of exclamation marks don't make up for that. As a reader, I want to experience the event too, not just hear that the writer thought it was amazing or beautiful. However I think the personal nature of the examples will be a source of charm for readers who already follow this author's work.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink