VINE VOICEon 20 June 2012
This is the story of Freddie, who lost his brother George in WW1 and who cannot come to terms with grief. Whilst touring in 1920s France he is temporarily marooned in a village and meets someone who changes his life. I thought that there might have been more mystery, for me there was too much description, the plot was flimsy and I knew fairly early on exactly where this was going.

However my parents listened to this after me, didn't guess what was going to happen and enjoyed it so much that they listened to it twice in succession.

Julian Rhind-Tutt is an excellent reader so I didn't really mind it taking 5 disks to tell what was (to me) a fairly obvious story. And as I said, other people found the story more mysterious and exciting than I did.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink