on 8 July 2013
I saw this at Hamleys. We walked around the whole shop and it was the one thing that my son asked for over and over again.

We saw a big, happy, attractive dude demonstrating to 30 kids at a time how magical and amazing it was. All the kids jaws were dropping, it looked AMAZING.

I instinctively suspected it would not be what it claimed (because I have a good grasp of science and reality). So we bought something else.

Afterwards, I felt bad and figured I'd make it up to my son by buying it from Amazon.

Imagine how I felt when it arrived and the "trick" (trick? where's that fit in a SCIENCE product?) was some tiny strings?

And a DVD to tell you how to fool people, assuming you have the time or skill (as a 6 year old, I can tell you, he has neither the attention span nor skill to achieve this).

His first words when I showed it him were "Oh. So... there's no magic?" "No, son. There's no such thing as magic. This is just a trick."

He gamely played around with it for ten minutes before breaking two of the strings and becoming extremely disconsolate. I found him something else to do and put it away.

This is a terrible, horrible joke. Not to mention a terrible waste of money. Firstly, the parts would cost about one pound. Secondly, it's a TRICK. There's no magnets, no thermodynamics, none of the ways you might have guessed this thing maybe worked, it's just a STRING and some blobs of putty and a load of showmanship that no kid is going to achieve in a hurry.

I'm sickened by this. I'll never buy anything from the Science Museum range again. I don't feel good ever returning to the Science Museum, either. What the hell is the point?

You can sell this junk as a science toy?

You should be ashamed.

The only lesson my son and I got from this is that some people use the word 'science' to tell lies.

If that was your goal, MAN you achieved it.

To add insult to injury, there's a little slip of paper saying how you can get a FREE HOLOGRAM PROJECTOR because of your purchase. Going to the website, you find a typical postage-price scam, where the "free" thing costs 2.50 "postage" (and it is not, let me promise you, a 'hologram projector', it uses reflection to show a false-3d image). Another lie posed as science, to make cold hard cash.

I'm disgusted with this. I will post this everywhere in the hope nobody else every gets ripped off by you people again.

Sickening.
33 Comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details