Learn more Download now Shop now Pre-order now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

VINE VOICEon 23 December 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I first read this when it was published and it made a great impression on me. Rereading it almost 30 years later I found that whole tracts of it were logged in my memory. Set in 1981, it shows us the world from Adrian's perspective. He's 13, pretentious, immature and a hypochondriac. We see things that he doesn't, for example the trials and tribulations of his parents' marriage because he tells us what they say and what happens without understanding himself.

It's a easy read and not demanding, but today it's a wonderful evocation of life in the early 80s, when nothing happened on Sundays and being 13 made everything seem so serious.

I'll definitely get the sequels again.
What's this?