1.0 out of 5 stars One of the many reasons why 3rd Batman film failed, 22 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Dark Knight Rises (Audio CD)
This soundtrack is missing the input of James Newton Howard and is lacking the innovation of the first two films soundtrack's (which I own). There is nothing on here to match the brilliance of Why so Serious on The Dark Knight's OS.

The mix of the film while watching it also really put me off this soundtrack, at the cinema it all but deafened and made the dialogue inaudible.

Like the 3rd film they have tried to bottle the magic of the 1st two films but failed spectacularly.

Sent back...

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Feb 2013, 23:47:51 GMT
Your opinion but I suspect you're in the minority.

I loved the film (more than the previous 2)..and I loved the music..Zimmer did something that composers to movie soundtracks very rarely manage - he pulled at the heartstrings successfully.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Feb 2013, 09:03:54 GMT
McK says:
In an ever growing minority looking at the internet since the film opened.

A massively flawed film driven by Chris Nolan's every increasing Ego. Film had nothing to do with the history and motivations of Bruce Wayne/Batman, it was manipulative and did not have the courage of it convictions. A pretensions mess supported by a pretentious over blown soundtrack that could have easily been used on one of Leni Riefenstahl 1930's propaganda films.

In all sense I hope the Nolan "Legend" has ended and they reboot this quickly.

Off course that is just my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2013, 15:50:37 GMT
Still definitely only a minority opinion. IMDB puts DKR in all time top 50 films.
One bitter reviewer's "pretentious mess" is a great film to thousands of others!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2013, 16:18:21 GMT
McK says:
Django Unchained is at number 41, Forest Gump is at 18 and talking of pretentious mess Pulp fiction is at 4, not totally convinced IMDB is the best measuring tool for the quality of a film. I can't deny a lot of people enjoyed it but there are also a lot of people who really didn't (check out the IMDB reviews it tends to be high or very low scores).

Not bitter as I can still enjoy BB and TDK, just disappointed by how lazy, badly plotted, badly scripted, badly edited, bad audio and clumsy TDKR is (and that horrendous grown worthy ending just really grates - JGL as Robin/Nightwing/Batman - WTF!, Bruce Wayne running off with Selina Kyle and leaving Gotham - just ridiculous). Just look at the honest trailer for TDKR it sums up all the problems very neatly.

I am pleased you enjoyed the film, I would have loved to have enjoyed this film, as it is I won't purchase the Blu Ray and I sent the pre-ordered Soundtrack back.

As a caveat I have all of Nolan's films, I have been first weekend to all his films, but he really got it wrong with this one, and my hunch is that in time this film will be seen as a let down. I was right about Blade Runner being a classic when I was young kid in the 80's when no one liked it and I am pretty sure I am right about this one.

Posted on 6 Mar 2014, 20:47:55 GMT
Well, better be a 'minority' than running along with the pack, that's what I say ! I think your review is as valuable (or even more) as anybody else's, McK... You have my vote, anyway. Also own the first two soundtracks, and to each his own... Toink... Woops. Was thàt a heartstring ?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2014, 15:44:06 GMT
McK says:
Like a dog chasing a car... Now that is a Batman Track Mr Horseman. Listening to it now just reminds how much I wish they have never made The Dark Knight Rises.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›