on 6 August 2009
I came to Psychoville slowly but by the end of the series being broadcast, was totally hooked -- and am now buying the DVD to enjoy it again, and see the bits I missed. I've never really got into the League of Gentlemen, but I adore Psychoville. It manages to be very, very funny but also gothic and scary at the same time.

My favourite bits include the eternally down at heel clown Mr Jelly; Dawn French in the best role I've ever seen her in, as the psychotic nurse; occasional appearances by Christopher Biggins, sorry Biggins; and poor old David, who never quite takes to murder but whose mother finds it to be a wonderful new interest. The scene where they do their special dance to relax in the middle of one murder is just wonderful.

I was delighted that the ending was open-ended -- I hope that means another series?

My final recommendation is that you try to watch Psychoville during a thunderstorm -- which I did, by chance, one week -- it really adds the final touch!
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details