on 6 November 2013
I adored the Languedoc trilogy but didn't like The Winter Ghosts at all.

I bought this with some hesitation, worried that I wouldn't really like it if it was on a par with Winter Ghosts; I'm sad to say is just wasn't for me at all. It starts off well with The Mistletoe Bride, The House on the Hill, Red Letter Day and The Drowned Village but when I started Why the Yew Tree Lives So Long I became a little tedious for me and I felt it was a chore reading the other stories, rather than an enjoyment.

I limped to the finishing post somewhat reluctantly as I thought it might improve but, to my regret, it didn't.

I thought the whole thing very strange indeed and there was a definite lack of haunting to any of the stories.

If you enjoyed Winter Ghosts then this is for you, if not avoid it.

Sorry Kate, I did try and like it.
0Comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.