on 20 July 2014
Kiera’s Quest, as a whole for me, has become one of those series that started well and got better and better with each part.

Zakk has been searching for Kiera for over a year and while key people think it’s time he gave up, he wants to give it one more try. Hayley (Nurse Bell) is in the cells. She surprised me twice in Choices! I love it when a character does this. My opinion of her changed completely and I loved her for what she did.

With her memory lost, Keira has been healed and taken into the community of the Ovads. Nova is the leader of this peaceful race and tries to find out more about which race Kiera is and where she has come from.

On Earth, Kiera’s friends and family are devastated. They are setting up their own army to be ready for when the vortex opens. Maddison and Chloe are in conflict which adds tension to this already fraught group.

More excellent world-building with the Ovads. Alongside the Ovads, the races we’ve met before have an integral part to play as the conflict all comes together and Keira comes into her power.

Keira is strong in Choices (but she still has her caring nature). I loved her disobeying Zakk. Mason (one of the Hershen’s) takes on more than the role of training her. Instead of making Keira weak, I felt it made her even stronger and allowed her to tap into her power.

What an awesome final battle! So fast paced. I just couldn’t put my Kindle down.

Lots of resolutions in Choices and even though this is the last book in the series, I still think there’s an opening for more (disappointed not to be attending the wedding in six months time!) I would love to see more action with Kiera’s power as I feel she is only just beginning to explore what she can do. What happens in Zakk’s kingdom? What about his future children? What will happen to Zantar? How about those taken away to be healed? Will they live or are their injuries fatal? You see how much I’ve become involved with this series :)

I know Kristy is working on her next novel which is a YA. I can’t wait to see where she will take her readers next!

You can read my reviews of Awakenings, Sacrifices and Perceptions here.

This series is targeted at a tween audience but if you love magic and fantasy, I highly recommend, no matter your age.

I would like to thank the author for providing a copy in exchange for an honest review.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink