on 13 March 2007
I have always been interested in Joss Stone, her previous album attempts have pleased me but left me skipping tracks to get to the good ones. This album on the other hand will not disappoint. I have listened to it a few times now and my initial impression is that is an excellent soul/rnb album.

The album bursts into life with a Basement Jaxx-esque "Girl They Won't Believe" a brilliant opener, it then goes from strength to strength. It eventually slows down on track nine "Bad Habbit". However, i enjoyed every track and i am sure it will become one of my favourite albums in my collection.

A great effort, it is funky (god i hate that word), fresh, soulful and in places bitter sweet. Considering she is only 19 years old i am positive she has a remarkable future ahead of her. I would recommend this album to you if you enjoy old soul and motown such as the Supremes, Lauryn Hill and Marvin Gaye.

0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?