on 19 December 2011
I really really really enjoyed this and my only criticism is that it finished too soon. As a taster it worked really well for me. I still want to know why Myles gave up acting and chose the police force - it's not an obvious career move. He is certainly different to any detective that has gone before him, there does not appear to be any morose self-reflection or reliance on cigarettes or alcohol to enable him to cope with the job. He is light-hearted, irreverent and slightly annoying.

The backdrop of the London riots is very topical and as far as I know one that has yet to be explored in novel form and I would have liked the book to have gone on longer to explain who exactly is the Mr Big behind them. I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist and still have my own ideas as to who was behind the riots and it would have been interesting to read more about it.

I was so gripped I read this in an afternoon and I eagerly await the next Myles Morgan book.
What's this?