on 8 May 2013
This camera strap is truly wonderful. I previously had a similar neoprene strap, but without the quick release mechanism. That was made by a well known producer of camera bags. It was 5 times more expensive than this, and no better quality in any way at all. Also, as I said, it did not have the quick release mechanism. That mechanism really adds functionality to the strap. I also use a Gordy's wrist strap, so if I'm walking around, I have the camera around my neck, or slung across, so that it hangs under my arm, and under my coat.
If I want to use it quickly, I can simply lift it to my eye and take a shot. If I get to a place where I want to take several shots, from different angles and positions. I simply slip on the wrist strap, and disconnect the main strap with the quick release clasps. I tuck the main part into a pocket (don't forget about it), and shoot with the wrist strap. The parts of the neck strap that are still attached to the camera, can be made quite short, so they don't obscure the lens. It's a wonderful system. As I've said, the strap is of high quality. It is about an inch and a half across, and made of soft, padded , neoprene. This has some stretch to it, and gives the impression of lightening your load. Like suspension for your camera. The inner side of the strap is made of a textured, grippy type, material. This stops the camera from sliding around. It is extremely comfortable to wear, and not sweaty, or irritating, on your bare neck at all.
As I say, I cannot recommend this strap highly enough. Very, very, comfortable and great to use. Also plain black, and not attracting attention to your expensive camera. I'm using it with my Fuji X-E1. That's quite a heavy camera, but nowhere near the weight of my big Canon. I wouldn't hesitate to trust it with that either. Great kit, and I've just noticed the vendor does wrist straps as well:)
What's this?