on 27 November 2007
I really love this new album. The girls voices have matured, they are intepretting the songs marvellously and they sing these songs like they really mean it. There were a couple of tracks on the last album that I felt didn't show them at their best but I bought this album yesterday and am bowled over how far they have progressed this last year.

Every song here is a stonker, particularly Nimrod, In paradisum, Queen of Sheba is great fun, John Brunning's Pie Jesu and the amazing Singing you through. The arrangements are lovely and the orchestral sound is far more lush than the first album.

I wasn't bothered in the slightest about the maturity of the songs they are singing as was one reviewer. They are 17-18 now apparently and by rights have emotional maturity enough to attempt most if not all the songs they sing on the new album. I'm not a big fan of the original Nothing compares but the way they've sung it here is well argued and has dispensed with some of the weirder lyrics from Sioned O'Connor and Prince.

I must comment that two of the most recent reviews keep comparing the group to Katherine Jenkins. Why? Katherine Jenkins has an okay voice but a very ordinary voice for someone who graduated from the Royal Academy of Music. Perhaps one of their more bankable graduates but patently not their best. The two 'acts' are clearly not comparable (ie. solo & group) so can we keep the comments on here on the matter in hand. While we are on the subject though, I don't rate Jenkins at all!

By contrast All Angels are teenagers with genuinely lovely, non-pretentious voices who are clearly able to deliver on a huge variety of song styles with ease and authority. If this is a review page for 'All Angels' then perhaps comments as to whether one likes Katherine Jenkins or not could therefore be kept for reviews of her own CDs.

I am a huge fan of this group, as indeed are my family and all my inlaws. Their first CD has been a constant companion in the car this last year! We have even adpated one or two of their song ideas for our own amateur singing group.

The girls are clearly progressing, singing very well, recording lovely songs with great arrangements and from their appearances on TV still maintain their musical integrity and enjoyment of the music.

This new album is beautiful! I hope other people see it as such
17 people found this helpful